Fun, games and water sports, and catering for children make it an ideal destination for families!
Discover what you can experience in Lignano Sabbiadoro:
39 bathing establishments offering solutions for all tastes: from bathing facilities equipped with all the services to guarantee family comfort, convenience and fun, to VIP beaches with a seafront whirlpool, under-the-umbrella service and large gazebos for guests who are looking for an exclusive experience.
There are also dog-friendly beaches for visitors who do not want to miss out on experiencing the sea with their four-legged friends.
Everyone loves them, they bring laughter and acrobatic feats:
- Banana Boat, where you sit astride a horse and... take the waves head-on;
- Tubing, the colourful little sofas in which you can take a seat and whizz across the water towed by a speedboat;
- Wakeboard, a cross between water skiing and snowboarding: you grab onto its handles and let yourself be pulled along the surface of the water regardless of your age;
- Parasailing, to safely soar high up and be enchanted without running any danger by the landscape as it gradually fades away;
- and Rodeo, from which, in its twists and turns, it is easy to be unsaddled but without falling into the water.
Lignano is the capital of all disciplines linked to water, and you can dedicate yourself to perfecting the ones you already know or try your hand at something new, such as Stand Up Paddle, known as SUP, which can also be electric or large versions which can be used by several people at the same time.
Another opportunity is sailing with individual or small group lessons, as is the case with kitesurfing.
Visitors who want to keep fit with more classic activities can enjoy windsurfing, windfoiling and canoeing.
6 theme parks for the enjoyment of children and adults:
- Punta Verde Zoo Park, where you can enjoy unique experiences such as close encounters with tortoises, sloths and giraffes;
- Aquasplash, with its exciting water slides;
- Junior Park, full of amazing games and green areas;
- Riviera Resort Thermal Park with its large outdoor seawater pools and colourful water areas for children;
- I Gommosi, centred on fun inflatable games of all sizes;
- and Strabilia Luna Park with its adrenaline-pumping attractions.
NATURE AND RESERVES
Surrounded by three bodies of water, the crystal-clear Tagliamento River, the brackish waters of the Lagoon of Marano, and the crystal-clear Adriatic Sea, by now traditionally awarded the Blue Flag, make Lignano Sabbiadoro the ideal destination to disconnect and recharge your batteries by experiencing nature!
Just a stone's throw from the teeming, lively beaches of Lignano Sabbiadoro, a unique world awaits you: the Marano Lagoon, where you can sail to see the "casoni" (lagoon huts) and enjoy relaxed sunset drinks and refreshments!
A naturalistic treasure that can only be discovered by water, with the numerous organised excursions by boat, SUP or kayak, is the mouth of the Stella River, a protected area of no less than 1377 hectares that hosts the fishermen's village, the characteristic 'casoni' made from marsh reed, which were the homes of the fishermen who lived in the lagoon, as well as the traditional fishing pontoons.
Another treasure is the Valle Canal Novo Nature Reserve, which is located in a former fishing valley, where you can walk on floating wooden platforms through the waters of the lagoon and visit the aquarium to see the seahorse from up close. From the observation cabins, birdwatching can amaze you with all the colourful bird species you will see.
Here are some suggestions!
- A children's favourite is "the pirate ship": a unique experience for families who want to visit the Nature Reserve at the Stella River Mouth and its casoni village in an original way, amidst skulls, flags, pirate bandanas and sabres;
- The most romantic cannot miss the sunset excursion to the lagoon, an evening cruise to Marano Lagunare surrounded by pink sunsets and tastings on board!
ITINERARIES AND CYCLE TRACKS
More than 75 kilometres of itineraries and 30 kilometres of city cycle tracks, including the fascinating Tre Acque (Three Waters) cycle circuit, which offers breathtaking views of the Tagliamento River, the Marano Lagoon and the enchanting Lignano Sabbiadoro seafront in only twenty kilometres. Itineraries to discover the territory and organised excursions by boat and bicycle.
The food and wine choices include restaurants on the beach with special children's menus where you can have lunch without losing sight of your beach umbrella or enjoy aperitifs served with local specialities, as well as panoramic restaurants on the river, sea and lagoon for evenings graced by breathtaking sunsets and spectacular views.