A boat navigates the Tagliamento river, connecting the different banks in Friuli and Veneto. This is a service for tourists travelling on foot and by bicycle and means that the towns of Lignano Sabbiadoro and Bibione are closer together than ever.
X River, the boat connection between Lignano Sabbiadoro and Bibione on the Tagliamento River is operative in Summer 2021, respecting the safety distances.
The boat service that carries cyclists and pedestrians across the Tagliamento River uses a boat that can carry up to 25 people with their bicycles. The service will be active:
- From May 29 till September 12, 2021 every day - first ride from Lignano at 9.00 am, last ride from Bibione at 7.00 pm.
- From September 13 to September 19, 2021 every day - first ride from LIgnano at 9.00 am, last ride from Bibione at 6.20 pm
- From September 20 to October 3rd, 2021 every day - first ride from Lignano at 9.00 am, last ride from Bibione at 6.00 pm
- From the 4th of October to October 30, 2021 only Saturdays and Sundays - from 9:00 am (first ride from Lignano) to 5.10 pm (last ride from Bibione)
- From the the 31st October 2021 till the first of Novbember only Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays - first ride at 9.00 am from Lignano, last ride at 4.00 pm from Bibione
As a result of this new connection, the network of cycle paths in Lignano Sabbiadoro and Bibione has become even wider, increasingly favouring cycle tourism and will help make the Upper Adriatic coast even easier to travel by bike.
Visit the Cycle Tourism section of our website to find out more about all the cycle paths in Lignano and the surrounding area.
The Lignano Sabbiadoro boat mooring is located near Alla Vecchia Finanza Restaurant and Marina Uno south pier, while that on the Bibione bank is located at about 1 km upstream Bibione Lighthouse. The ticket is 1€ per person, bike included; children less than 10 years old free of charge. Nearest licensed ticket selling point is 10 meters from the pier of Lignano, near the Lignano's pier there are many services: food area with automatic distributor, bike rental and repair, a column to recharge electric bike.
The service may be suspended or cancelled in case of bad weather.
For information contact the TPL FVG toll-free number: 800 052040 or the +39 040 9712343